The GIST Team and IDS Project are pleased to announce that the next generation of GIST tools have been released and are ready for you to customize and streamline your acquisitions, collection development, and interlibrary loan processes & workflow.
New GIST Tool
The GIST Acquisitions Manager is a new type of acquisitions system built within ILLiad using new GIST tables and GIST Addons. It provides…
- Management of fund/budgets – with immediate fund balance checking at the point of review or purchasing
- GIST matches the funds with the requesters automatically.
- GIST manages a single ILL purchase on demand fund to large sets of collection development funds.
- Custom Conspectus – GIST recommends purchase or review when a request meets your collection building profile.
- Enable purchasing where ILL requests for materials not held in your consortia but fit your collection building profile.
- Adjust almost 1,600 Library of Congress classification and Dewey divisions to highlight where you want to grow your collection.
- Streamlined and flexible acquisition workflow
- Using GIST, you customize the services and process the way you want to enhance your ILL purchase on demand or fully share buy-borrow strategies that build a strong and diverse collection.
- Based on valued data, route requests automatically and make decisions about buy or borrow fast.
- Select the web services you want in your workflow; Connexion, Gobi, etc. including adding some 30 addons: https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/ILLiadAddons/Addons+Directory
Also in this release – a new discovery widget for your standalone ILLiad request form
- Requesters only have to add an author and title, or ISBN to search Worldcat from within the blank request form to discover exactly what they want you to buy or borrow – this helps you streamline your workflows and provide accurate services.
Look for the GIST Team in Virginia Beach
On March 21, 2012, we will be conducting an all-day pre-conference workshop with Atlas Systems at the 2012 OCLC ILLiad International Conference.
- Many thanks to the GIST Team and the IDS Project for their work on developing the Getting It System Toolkit.
- Special thanks to Atlas Systems and OCLC for their support of the project from development to deployment.
- Many thanks also to Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLC) and the NY3Rs for supporting GIST Development, including an RBDB grant.
- Very special thanks to Mark Sullivan’s countless hours of programming in LUA to get all the amazing acquisitions and collection development features in ILLiad’s robust request management system.